Fawn Stripes - French Terry Fabric
Sold in 50cm increments
French Terry Fabric has a smooth face with a looped back. A blend of cotton (92% cotton & 8% spandex) gives you that perfect amount of comfort, warmth & stretch for a garment that is not tight fitting & perfect for your casual sewing projects.
👉 Also, talk about a wide load, yep that's right, it's 180cm in width! Oh hell to the yeah, that means more fabric for you!
So squishy and comfy, the loops help to wick moisture from the skin, making it perfect for all seasons and so many types of garments. It works perfectly year-round for pants, shorts, joggers, hoodies, sweaters, and more!
The important stuff –
- Type: French Terry Fabric
- Stripe ratio: Fawn 15mm, White: 7mm (approx.)
- Perfect match to Fawn French Terry & rib knit
- Composition: 92% Cotton / 8% Spandex (4-way stretch)
- Width: 180cm (Extra wide!) -+10%
- Approximate stretch percentage: 50% width / 70% length
- Length: Sold in 50cm increments
- Medium Weight: 250gsm
- Certification: OEKO-TEX® STANDARD 100 certification
- Shipped from Australia
This fabric is sold in 50cm increments. Should you require a longer length, please add multiple quantities to your cart.
1 x quantity = 50cm
2 x quantity = 1 metre
3 x quantity = 1.5 metres
4 x quantity = 2 metres
...[ continued] ...
Fabric will be cut in one length when multiple quantities are ordered.
Made in China.
Note: Once our current stock of this fabric sells out, we will have the same colour milled in Australia. This listing will be updated accordingly.
- Have you ever wondered, should I wash my fabric before sewing? The answer is a resounding YES. Washing fabric before sewing not only removes any dust and particles from the manufacturing process, but it also is an important step in pre-shrinking your fabric. Now I am sure I have you asking, why do I need to pre-shrink my fabric? Well, if you think of any ready to wear garment you have bought before, you wore it once, it looked fabulous. But then, after it was washed it became too small and unwearable, the reason for this is the fabric was not pre-shrunk. By pre-shrinking the fabric, and then cutting and sewing your project you are avoiding it shrinking in the future. This will result in a garment that will fit better and be worn for years to come.
- Pre-wash your waffle fabric before sewing. Waffle fabric, due to its texture will condense after washing. Waffle can shrink between 10-15% after its first wash. French terry fabric can shrink between 5-10% after its first wash.
- Wash in cold water (below 30 degrees)
- Line dry, or tumble dry on cool.
- Exposure to heat is not recommended due to spandex component.
- Wash with like colours only.
- No responsibility will be taken by Melco for laundering fabrics incorrectly.
Orders are shipped with Aramex or Australia Post and tracking will be provided on dispatch.
Please allow two to three days for orders to be dispatched. During sales or fabric drops orders may take up to five days to be packed and shipped.