Marigold - French Terry Fabric OEKO-TEX®
Sold in 50cm increments
You want to make some new clothes but don't know where to start. It's hard enough to figure out what type of fabric you want, never mind the style of clothing you're dreaming of. French Terry Fabric is the perfect place to start! This 92% cotton / 8% spandex blend has a 4-way stretch and is extra wide at 180cm. With an approximate stretch percentage of 50% width and 70% length, this medium weight fabric is perfect for all sorts of garments like t-shirts, dresses, skirts, and more! Plus, our OEKO-TEX® STANDARD 100 certification means that this fabric is free from harmful chemicals and allergens.
The important stuff –
- Type: French Terry Fabric
- Composition: 92% Cotton / 8% Spandex (4-way stretch)
- Width: 180cm (Extra wide!) -+10%
- Approximate stretch percentage: 50% width / 70% length
- Medium Weight: 250gsm
- Length: Sold in 50cm increments
- Certification: OEKO-TEX® STANDARD 100 certification
- Shipped from Australia
This fabric is sold in 50cm increments. Should you require a longer length, please add multiple quantities to your cart.
1 x quantity = 50cm
2 x quantity = 1 metre
3 x quantity = 1.5 metres
4 x quantity = 2 metres
...[ continued] ...
Fabric will be cut in one length when multiple quantities are ordered.
Made in China.
Note: Once our current stock of this fabric sells out, we will have the same colour milled in Australia. This listing will be updated accordingly.
- Have you ever wondered, should I wash my fabric before sewing? The answer is a resounding YES. Washing fabric before sewing not only removes any dust and particles from the manufacturing process, but it also is an important step in pre-shrinking your fabric. Now I am sure I have you asking, why do I need to pre-shrink my fabric? Well, if you think of any ready to wear garment you have bought before, you wore it once, it looked fabulous. But then, after it was washed it became too small and unwearable, the reason for this is the fabric was not pre-shrunk. By pre-shrinking the fabric, and then cutting and sewing your project you are avoiding it shrinking in the future. This will result in a garment that will fit better and be worn for years to come.
- Pre-wash your waffle fabric before sewing. Waffle fabric, due to its texture will condense after washing. Waffle can shrink between 10-15% after its first wash. French terry fabric can shrink between 5-10% after its first wash.
- Wash in cold water (below 30 degrees)
- Line dry, or tumble dry on cool.
- Exposure to heat is not recommended due to spandex component.
- Wash with like colours only.
- No responsibility will be taken by Melco for laundering fabrics incorrectly.
Orders are shipped with Aramex or Australia Post and tracking will be provided on dispatch.
Please allow two to three days for orders to be dispatched. During sales or fabric drops orders may take up to five days to be packed and shipped.